Software engineering is far more than programming. It is a broad discipline that encompasses many important concepts and techniques. This Software Engineering Training, the first of our two courses on software engineering, provides an introduction to the objectives, principles, and methodologies of software engineering. Upon the completion of this Software Engineering course, you will have an understanding of the entire software lifecycle from conception to development to maintenance.
- 4 days of Software Engineering Training with an expert instructor
- Software Engineering Electronic Course Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Reliability Engineering Training
Software Engineering Advanced Training
Systems Architecting- Fundamentals Training
System Architecting with SysML Training
Systems Engineering Cost Estimating Training
Systems Engineering Fundamentals Training
Systems Engineering Toolkit
Systems Of Systems Training
Systems Engineering Training
Systems Engineering Training Advanced
Upon completing this Software Engineering Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
Describe and apply the key concepts and techniques for:
- Software engineering principles and objectives
- The end-to-end software lifecycle
- Software inception.
- Requirements elicitation and definition.
- Design and analysis.
- Prototyping and user interfaces.
- Coding and testing.
- Deployment and maintenance.
- Are you a project manager, analyst, programmer, testing/debugging, or integration specialist and need a better understanding of how your work fits into the software lifecycle? We can emphasize the phases relevant to your particular needs while also trying to give you a broad understanding of the full lifecycle.
- Are you interested in particular techniques of software development? If so, we can emphasize those parts of this Software Engineering Training course that focus on the areas and tools pertinent to your project or product.
- Are you involved in the marketing, sales, or post-sales support of software and need a better understanding of how your job fits into the overall software lifecycle? We can customize the Software Engineering course to focus on those issues.
The target audience for this Software Engineering Training course:
- Individuals involved in software development need a broad understanding of the entire software development lifecycle, guiding principles, and techniques.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Software Engineering course are:
- While there are no specific prerequisites, exposure to software development and/or project management will be very helpful.
- Why Study Software Engineering?
- Life Cycle Models
- Software Project Life Cycle Models
- Software Project Life Cycle Processes
- Model Descriptions: Waterfall, Component-based (Reuse), Evolutionary, Spiral, Object Oriented
- Objectives and Principles
- Types of Interfaces
- Project Initiation
- Description of the Business Needs/Problem to Be Solved, Objective(s), and Scope
- Feasibility Studies
- Requirements Definition
- Stakeholders, Buy-in
- Requirements Elicitation, Interviewing, and Analysis
- Object Oriented Analysis
- Functional and Non-functional Requirements
- User Interfaces
- Architectural Design
- Object Oriented Analysis
- Design Patterns
- Development and Testing
- Coding Standards
- Types of Testing
- Deployment and Maintenance
- Course Recap
- Preview of Advanced Topics
- Q/A and Evaluation