Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training
|Commitment||4 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training Course – Hands-on
The Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training is a comprehensive overview and detailed explanation of Solarwinds modules for the “Advanced Network” track. The class is led by an SCP instructor with years of experience working on hundreds of unique Solarwinds environments for companies of all sizes.
This Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training course covers NPM, SAM, DPA, WPM, VMAN, SRM, as well as the SolarWinds Appstack views. The primary objective of this Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training course is to help aspirants evolve from basic up/down monitoring into a holistic end-to-end monitoring technique that allows organizations to pin-point the impact of performance issues or outages across complex application delivery environments.
Each of the products in the 201 course brings specific data necessary to fully map application delivery and allow administrators to visualize and monitor failures with fully mapped relationships so the impact of any single failure can be fully understood immediately.
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this training course:
- People who have a small networking team
- Individuals looks for SolarWinds
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
- Orion 101 not required, but this Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training course will not cover installation and basic overview of NPM and the Orion Platform
- Aspirant would highly benet from a basic understanding of the Transact-SQL and PowerShell languages, but not required.
Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Design/Implement network monitoring strategies
- NPM, NCM, NTA, IPAM, UDT, VNQM (IP SLA only),Custom SQL Alerts & Reports
Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training – Course Content
Network Performance Monitor
Orion Architecture Best Practices
Primary Polling Engine
Additional Polling Engines
Additional Web Engines
Discovery of Nodes in the Enterprise
Out-of-the-Box Monitoring vs. Custom Pollers
Creation of Universal Device Pollers
Creation of Custom Device Studio Pollers
Network Insight for F5 devices overview
Network Configuration Manager; NetFlow Traffic Analyzer
Installation and initial Configuration of NCM
Creating Customized Device Templates
Creating Customized Configuration Change Templates
Installation and initial Configuration of NTA
NetFlow design theories
Configuration of NetFlow on common Cisco devices using both CLI and NCM
IP Address Manager; User Device Tracker; VoIP and Network Quality Manager; Dashboards and Views
Installation and initial Configuration of IPAM
Importing IPAM data Best-Practices and Caveats
Installation and initial Configuration of UDT
Endpoint Monitoring design theories
Installation and initial Configuration of VNQM
Creating IP SLA Operations on Cisco devices using the CLI, NCM, and VNQM
Creating Custom Resources in the SolarWinds Orion website
Common NOC View designs for the enterprise
Installation and initial Configuration of NTM
Network Scanning and Reporting
Custom SQL Alerts and Reports
Introduction to the Transact-SQL language and basic queries
Introduction to the Orion SQL Database schema
Custom SQL Reporting using both the Web Report Engine and the Orion Report Writer application
Custom SQL Alerts using the Web Alert Engine
Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training – LABS