This newly introduced SolarWinds Systems Expert Training course is meticulously tailored for SolarWinds administrators with a focus on systems. This class extensively covers AppStack and systems-specific modules and topics not typically explored in other classes.
Designed for students with a minimum of six months of hands-on experience in SolarWinds NPM and SAM administration, or graduates of our SolarWinds Platform Administration class, this class assumes a basic grasp of element polling and web console navigation.
What to Expect
A deep dive into systems-focused modules and topics, including NPM, SAM, DPA (Database Performance Analyzer), AppOptics, VMAN (Virtualization Manager), SRM (Storage Resource Monitor), WPM (Web Performance Monitor), and PINGDOM.
SolarWinds Certified Professional (SCP) Exam Preparation
Although this SolarWinds Systems Expert Training course is not specifically structured as an SCP exam preparation class, the content covered significantly contributes to your SCP certification journey. Prepare for the SCP exams for SAM (Server and application Monitor) and DPA (Database Performance Analyzer).
Purpose-Built Lab Environment
When you attend one of our SolarWinds Public Training classes, you gain exclusive access to our pre-built training lab environment. This resource is tailored to each module being taught, allowing you to roll up your sleeves and dive into practical, real-world scenarios. With guided lab exercises, you’ll have the opportunity to apply what you’ve learned in a controlled environment, reinforcing your understanding and honing your skills.
- 4 days of SolarWinds Systems Expert Training with an expert instructor
- SolarWinds Systems Expert Electronic Course Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Upon completing this SolarWinds Systems Expert Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Network Performance Monitor (NPM)
- Server & Application Monitor (SAM)
- Database Performance Analyzer (DPA)
- Virtualization Manager (VMAN)
- Storage Resource Monitor (SRM)
- Web Performance Monitor (WPM)
- We can adapt this SolarWinds Systems Expert Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this SolarWinds Systems Expert course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the SolarWinds Systems Expert course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the SolarWinds Systems Expert Training course in a manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this SolarWinds Systems Expert Training course:
- Networking team
Day 1: SolarWinds NPM and LA Module
- Introductions and L1M31 Overview
- Platform and Database Architecture Review
- Discovery and Import LAB
- Cloud and Containers Monitoring LAB
- Groups LAB
- Log Analyzer for Windows Events LAB and Logs
- AppStack Overview LAB
- SAM Overview
- Linux/Unix Script and Templates LAB
Day 2: SolarWinds SAM, DPA and AppOptics Modules
- PowerShell Templates LAB
- Custom API Polling LAB
- AppInsight for SQL LAB
- AppInsight Thresholds LAB
- Application Connections and Dependencies LAB
- DPA Installation and Overview
- DPA Instance Management LAB
- SAM and DPA Integration LAB
- AppOptics Overview
- AppOptics Agents and Instrumentation LAB
- AppOptics Distributed Tracing LAB
- SAM and AppOptics Integration LAB
Day 3: SolarWinds VMAN, SRM, WPM and PINGDOM Modules
- Virtualization Manager Overview
- Basics vs. VMAN Polling
- VMAN Node Management LAB
- VMAN Thresholds LAB
- VMAN Recommendations LAB
- SRM Overview
- SRM Device Polling LAB
- SRM AppStack Integration LAB
- WPM and Pingdom Overview
- WPM User Administration
- WPM Recorder and Recordings LAB
- WPM Player and Transactions LAB
Day 4: SolarWinds SAM and NPM Modules
- AppStack Revisited
- Advanced Application Alerts LAB
- Advanced Application Reports LAB
- Application Mapping with Orion Maps LAB
- Custom Application Monitoring Dashboard LAB