SUSE Enterprise Storage 5 Administration Training (SES201V5)
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
SUSE Enterprise Storage 5 Administration Training (SES201V5) Course – Hands-on
This two day SUSE Enterprise Storage 5 Administration Training (SES201V5) course introduces students to SUSE Enterprise Storage 5 and provides them with the skills to access, administer and monitor a basic storage cluster. This course prepares the participants to take and pass the SUSE Certified Administrator (SCA) in Enterprise Storage 5 exam.
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this training course:
- This two-day course is designed for system administrators, DevOps, system engineers and others who want to learn how to administer SUSE Enterprise Storage 5.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
- Attendees should have Linux System Administration skills equivalent to SUSE Certified Administrator in Enterprise Linux 12. Familiarity with other storage solutions and distributed filesystems is helpful but not essential.
SUSE Enterprise Storage 5 Administration Training (SES201V5) Course – Objectives
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand SES 5 components and architecture
- Install SES 5 Ceph cluster gateways using the DeepSea utility
- Understand and use RADOS, OSDs, Monitors and Ceph data placement
- Access and use block, file and object storage using rbd, iSCSI, Ceph Object Gateway, and CephFS
- Use Erasure Coding
- Monitor the Ceph cluster with the OpenATTIC Management Console
SUSE Enterprise Storage 5 Administration Training (SES201V5) – Course Content
- Section 1: Introduction to SES 5 and Ceph Architecture
- Section 2: OpenATTIC Management Console
- Section 3: Configure and access Block Storage using rbd
- Section 4: Configure and access Object Storage using the Ceph Object Gateway (RADOS-GW)
- Section 5: Configure and use File Storage with CephFS
- Section 6: Configure access to Block Storage using iSCSI
- Section 7: Configure access to Object and File Storage via NFS
- Section 8: Monitoring a SES Cluster using OpenATTIC