Symantec Data Center Security: Server Advanced 6.7 Administration Training
|Commitment||3 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Symantec Data Center Security: Server Advanced 6.7 Administration Training Course – Hands-on
The Symantec Data Center Security: Server Advanced 6.7 Administration Training course is an introduction to implementing and managing a Symantec Data Center Security: Server Advanced 6.7 deployment. The architecture and individual components of the SDCS:SA 6.7 solution are detailed and explained. Agent installation and configuration are taught along with deployment and management of SDCS:SA agents and policies across the enterprise. The course also covers SDCS:SA Policy creation/modification in detail.
- We can adapt this course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Symantec Data Center Security: Server Advanced 6.7 Administration Training Course – Audience/Target Group
- This course is for information technology professionals, security professionals, network, system managers and administrators who are charged with the installation, configuration, and day-to-day management of Symantec Data Center Security: Server Advanced.
Symantec Data Center Security: Server Advanced 6.7 Administration Training Course – Class Prerequisites
- You should have working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and communications concepts. You must have experience with the Windows and UNIX operating systems in general. A basic understanding of key security disciplines (firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention, policy management, vulnerability assessment, antivirus protection and so on) is required.
Symantec Data Center Security: Server Advanced 6.7 Administration Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the major components of Symantec Data Center Security: Server Advanced and how they communicate.
- Install the management server, consoles, and agent.
- Define, manage and create assets, policies, events and configurations.
- Understand policy creation and editing in depth.
Symantec Data Center Security: Server Advanced 6.7 Administration Training – Course Content
Lesson 1: Introduction to Security Risks and Risk
- Security Risks
- Security Risk Management
- Corporate Security Policies and Security Assessments
- Host-Based Computer Security Issues
- Managing and Protecting Systems
Lesson 2: SDCS:Server Advanced Overview
- SDCS: Server Advanced Component Overview
- How Does SDCS:SA Work?
- Policy Types and Platforms
- Management Console Overview
- Agent User Interface Overview
Lesson 3: Installation and Deployment
- Planning the Installation
- Deployment Planning
- Server Installation
- Installing the Server Management Console
- Installing a Windows Agent
- Installing a Unix Agent
Lesson 4: Configuring Agents
- Assets Defined
- Agent Architecture
- Viewing Agents and Assets
- Managing Agents
- Managing Agents on Assets by Command Line
Lesson 5: Policy Overview
- Policies Defined
- Prevention Policy Overview
- Detection Policy Overview
- Policy Workspace
- Implementing Policies with SDCS:SA
- SDCS:SA Use Cases
Lesson 6: Windows Prevention Policies
- Windows Prevention Policy Structure Overview
- Editing a Windows Prevention Policy—Basic
- Advanced Policy Settings: Global Policy Options
- Advanced Policy Settings: Sandboxes
- Resource Lists
Lesson 7: UNIX and Legacy Prevention Policies
- Global Policy Options
- Daemon and Service Options
- Interactive Program Options
- Resource Lists
- Sandbox Options
- Profile Lists
- Predefined Policies
Lesson 8: Advanced Prevention
- Profile Applications
- Customize Predefined Prevention Policies
- Custom Sandbox
- Prepare for Policy Deployment
- Create New Policies
Lesson 9: Detection Policies
- Detection Policy Details
- Predefined Detection Policies
Lesson 10: Event Management
- Defining Events
- Viewing Events
- Event Handling Best Practices
- Creating Alerts
Lesson 11: Agent Management and Troubleshooting
- Configurations Defined
- Creating and Editing Configurations
- Analyzing Event Log Files
- Agent Logs
- Diagnostic Policies
- Local Agent Tools
Lesson 12: System Management
- Database Management
- Managing Users and Roles
- Server Management
- Server Logs