Symantec Endpoint Protection 14: Plan and Implement Training
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Symantec Endpoint Protection 14: Plan and Implement Training Course – Hands-on
The Symantec Endpoint Protection 14: Plan and Implement Training course is designed for the network, IT security, and systems administration professional in a Security Operations position tasked with planning and implementing a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment. This course covers how to architect and size a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment, install or upgrade the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM), benefit from a SEPM disaster recovery plan, and manage replication and failover. The class also covers how to deploy new endpoints and upgrade existing Windows, Mac, and Linux endpoints.
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this training course:
- This course is for IT and system administration professionals who are charged with planning, installing, and upgrading a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
Symantec Endpoint Protection 14: Plan and Implement Training Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
- You must have a working knowledge of advanced computer terminology, including TCP/IP networking terms and Internet terms, and an administrator-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems.
Symantec Endpoint Protection 14: Plan and Implement Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Architect a Symantec Endpoint Protection Environment
- Prepare and deliver a successful Symantec Endpoint Installation
- Build a Disaster Recovery plan to ensure successful SEPM backups and restores
- Manage failover and replication
- Deploy endpoint clients
Symantec Endpoint Protection 14: Plan and Implement Training – Course Content
- Course environment
- Lab environment
Preparing and Delivering a Successful Symantec Endpoint Protection Implementation
- Architecting and Sizing the Symantec Endpoint Protection Environment
- Installing the SEPM
- Benefiting from a SEPM Disaster Recovery Plan
- Managing Replication and Failover
Discovering Endpoint Client Implementation and Strategies
- Implementing the Best Method to Deploy Windows, Mac, and Linux Endpoints
- Migrating a SEP 12.1.6 client to SEP 14