Systems Engineering – Requirements Engineering With DEVSME Training
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Systems Engineering – Requirements Engineering With DEVSME Training Course – Hands-on
Systems Engineering – Requirements Engineering With DEVSME Training is designed for engineers, managers and educators who wish to enhance their capabilities to capture needs and requirements in a standardized, interoperable format that allows immediate dynamic visualization of workflows and relationships. One of the most serious issues of modern systems engineering is capturing requirements in an unambiguous, interoperable language that is structured in terms of input, output, timing and coupling to other requirements. The DEVS Modeling Environment (DEVSME) uses a restricted natural language that is easy to use, but powerful enough to express complex mathematical, logical and process functions in such a way that other engineers and stakeholders will understand the intent as well as the behavior of the requirement.
The course covers the basics of systems concepts and discrete event systems specification (DEVS), a computational basis for system theory. It demonstrates the application of DEVS to “virtual build and test” requirements engineering in complex information-intensive systems development. The DEVSME Requirements Engineering Environment leverages the power of the DEVS modeling and simulation methodology. A particular focus is the application of model-based data engineering in today’s data rich – and information challenged – system environments.
Systems Engineering – Requirements Engineering With DEVSME Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Systems Engineering – Requirements Engineering With DEVSME Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
Systems Engineering – Requirements Engineering With DEVSME Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Overview of IEEE and CMMI approaches to requirements engineering
- Basic concepts of Discrete Event System Specification (DEVS) and how to apply them using DEVS Modeling Environment.
- How to understand and develop requirements and then simulate them with both Discrete and Continuous temporal behaviors.
- System of Systems Concepts, Interoperability, service orientation, and data-centricity within a modeling and simulation framework.
- Integrated System Development and virtual testing with applications to service oriented and data-distribution architectures.From this course you will obtain the understanding of how to leverage collaborative modeling and simulation to develop requirements and analyze complex information-intensive systems engineering problems within an integrated requirements development and testing process.
Systems Engineering – Requirements Engineering With DEVSME Training – Course Content
- Introduction to the Requirements Engineering Process.
- Introduction to Discrete Event System Specification. (DEVS)–System-Theory Basis and Concepts, Levels of System Specification, System Specifications: Continuous and Discrete.
- Framework for Modeling and Simulation Based Requirements Engineering. DEVS Simulation Algorithms, DEVS Modeling and Simulation Environments.
- DEVS Model Development. Constrained natural language DEVS-based model construction, System Entity Structure – coupling and hierarchical construction, Verification and Visualization
- DEVS Hybrid Discrete and Continuous Modeling and Simulation. Introduction to simulation with DEVSJava/ADEVS Hybrid software, Capturing stakeholder requirements for space systems communication and service architectures.
- Interoperability and Reuse. System of Systems Concepts, Component-based systems, modularity, Levels of Interoperability (syntactic, semantic, and pragmatic). Service Oriented Architecture, Data Distribution Service standards.
- Integrated System Requirements Development and Visualization/Testing. Using DEVS Modeling Environment (DEVSME) – Requirements capture in an unambiguous, interoperable language, structured in terms of input, output, timing and coupling to other requirements, Automated DEVS-based Test Case Generation, Net-Enabled System Testing – Measures of Performance/Effectiveness.
- Cutting Edge Concepts and Tools. Model and Simulation-based data engineering for interest-based collection and distribution of massive data. Capturing requirements for IT systems implementing such concepts. Software/Hardware implementations based on DEVS-Chip hardware.