Tactical Digital Forensics Training
|Commitment||2 weeks, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Tactical Digital Forensics Training Course – Hands-on
Tactical Digital Forensics Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Tactical Digital Forensics Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
Tactical Digital Forensics Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Students receive a textbook to accompany classroom instruction.
- The class offers a unique combination of digital forensics and malware analysis.
- Classroom exercises demonstrate how to reverse-engineer an attack.
- Theory and exercises review modern methods used by threat actors to gain access to remote networks.
- A capstone event assesses students’ use of forensics analysis techniques to determine a threat’s attack method, associated implants, embedded tools and files, attack timeline, and origin of the attack.
Tactical Digital Forensics Training – Course Content
Search for forensics tool suites
Learn to find running malware
Discover methods of malware persistenceMemory Analysis
Practice volatile memory capture (RAM dumps)
Perform volatile memory forensics
Identify Advanced Persistent Threats
Analyze dynamic executable files
Recover deleted files and other artifacts
Network Traffic Forensics
Extract files from network traffic
Discover malicious network activity indicators
Windows Internal Forensics
Interrogate processes for indications of malware
Review the Windows boot process
Learn about forensics artifacts
Review event logs for unusual entries in PowerShell
Perform USB device timeline analysis
Identify and document Indicators of Compromise
Discover anti-forensics tools and methods
Discover and analyze malware