Troubleshooting the Cisco ACI Fabric Training
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Troubleshooting the Cisco ACI Fabric Training Course – Hands-on
Classic data centers integrate many different components from many different environments, creating a very complex and decentralized approach to troubleshooting application deployment. Just as ACI allows for centralized management focused on application needs, you can troubleshoot your Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) fabric from a centralized location with the requirements of the application in mind.
The first step in any troubleshooting scenario is to fully understand your existing ACI environment. In this two day Troubleshooting the Cisco ACI Fabric Training course, you have the option of configuring your own fabric as a foundation for the troubleshooting labs or discover a pre-built environment. Either path is designed to help you better understand your existing environment and is key to troubleshooting any problem.
You will use common ACI troubleshooting tools, such as Visore, API Inspector, and various show commands to identify problems that impact fabric-wide connectivity. You will use the APIC CLI to expose misconfigurations that trigger fault messages in the APIC GUI and practice applying GUI and CLI tools to various troubleshooting scenarios.
Troubleshooting the Cisco ACI Fabric Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Troubleshooting the Cisco ACI Fabric Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
- Field engineers
- Support engineers
- Server administrators
- Network administrators
- Storage administrators
Troubleshooting the Cisco ACI Fabric Training Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
Troubleshooting the Cisco ACI Fabric Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Discover a new ACI fabric
- Confirm functionality of a fabric
- Apply a basic troubleshooting methodology
- Use CLI troubleshooting tools to discover misconfigurations
- View faults in GUI
- Use Visore to query MOs
- Use common troubleshooting tools to troubleshoot L3 OUT, Contracts, and Faults
Troubleshooting the Cisco ACI Fabric Training – Course Content
Module 1 Deploy the fabric
- Lesson 1: Initializing the ACI environment
- Lesson 2: Confirming functionality
Module 2 Use Visore and other troubleshooting tools
- Lesson 1: Use Visore to query MOs
- Lesson 2: Use GUI troubleshooting tools
Module 3 Verify VLANs
- Lesson 1: Using the APIC GUI to verify VLANs
- Lesson 2: Using the APIC CLI to verify VLANs
Module 4 Verify and track connectivity of fabric end points
- Lesson 1: Using the APIC GUI to verify and track connectivity
- Lesson 2: Using the APIC CLI to verify and track connectivity
Module 5 Troubleshoot
- Lesson 1: Troubleshoot L3 OUT, Routing connectivity
- Lesson 2: Troubleshoot Contracts
- Lesson 3: Review and Document Faults