UAS Multi-Rotor Small Operations Training
|Commitment||7 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
UAS Multi-Rotor Small Operations Training Course – Hands-on
UAS Multi-Rotor Small Operations Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
UAS Multi-Rotor Small Operations Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
UAS Multi-Rotor Small Operations Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- SUAS Multi-rotor Basic Principles.
- Multi-rotor Components, Systems & Maintenance.
- EO Digital Camera Operation (Stills and video).
- Mission Planning & Execution.
- Aerial Photography Intro.
- SUAS Aerial Imaging Concepts of Operations (CONOPS).
- Post-Mission Image Workflow and Analysis.
UAS Multi-Rotor Small Operations Training – Course Content
Initial Qualification Training (online). The 8 module online elearning Initial Qualification Course (IQT1) which has been built from ‘best practices’ in both manned, radio-controlled and UAS/RPAS international communities. The IQT1 is designed to provide essential aeronautical information for serious amateurs and professionals operating Small UAS in National Airspaces with topics that include all applicable regulations and guidance documents; aeronautical background information such as charts, NOTAMS and Aircraft Circulars; Radio Communications Procedures; Human Factors and Crew Resource Management; Basic Small UAS Aerodynamics; Weather factors; Airmanship and Decision-making and Safe Operating Procedures.
Multirotor Safe Flight (groundschool and flight ops). The inresidence portion of Multi-rotor Small UAS Aerial Photography Course comprises of a series of classroom based Ground-School lectures with hands-on flight instruction in a unique training facility. This course covers the basics of flight including physics, aircraft mechanics, system power, operator interface, weather, safety, mission planning, and post-mission procedures. Flight operations scale from basic flight maneuvers to flying live image-capture scenarios using the operatorobserver flight-team concept.
Aerial Photography.The course then focuses on the art of Aerial Photography with multi-rotors to include ground and flight instruction and practical exercises. All elements of commercial SUAS AP are taught, to include client interaction, pricing, scene procedures and talent interactions. A series of complex practical flight scenarios, with clients, teams and common ‘show stoppers’ are used to bring the training into focus. No previous flight or imaging experience is necessary and we provide the latest SUAS multi-rotors, to include DJI Phantom variants and 350QX aircraft equipped with GoPro3 and Zenmuse gimbals.
Ground Quiz and Flight Practical Test. All attendees will be prepared to undertake a comprehensive knowledge review followed by a demonstration of flying abilities prior to graduation. Remedial training is provided at no extra cost.
Certification.Successful graduates will receive a certificate that is recognized by leading aviation insurance brokerages as well as George Mason University’s Professional Credits program.