Understanding ATM Technology Training
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Understanding ATM Technology Training Course – Hands-on
Understanding ATM Technology Training provides an introduction to the basic concepts and techniques used in ATM based communications networks. The course begins with a review of circuit and packet switching techniques, Local Area Networks (LAN), Metropolitan Area Networks (MAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN). Overview of packet-switched data networks and modern data services such as X.25, Narrowband ISDN, Frame relay, and Switched Multimegabit Data Service (SMDS) are presented. ATM standards and protocols; ATM layer, ATM adaptation layer and physical layer are described. ATM categories of transport services and Quality of Service parameters are presented.
The course also examines the issues in integration of data, voice, and video over high speed broadband networks. Several ATM switching architectures are presented and their performance compared. Call and connection control, traffic control and network management are discussed. Mechanisms of Classical IP over ATM, LAN Emulation, and Multiprotocol over ATM are covered. Finally, SONET networking is described as the foundation for the high-speed transmission network.
This course is intended for graduate students, system engineers, software designers, R&D Managers, and Professionals involved or interested in design, deployment and operation of ATM networks.
A complete set of notes and exercises will be provided. The course material has been designed and tested in various training environments and has been optimized for current industry needs. An extensive set of graphical notes, hand outs and exercise are provided to enhance the learning process. Each day ends with some review and discussion sessions and exercises.
Understanding ATM Technology Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Understanding ATM Technology Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
Understanding ATM Technology Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- ATM architecture, technology, and current ATM networking products and services.
- Understand the concepts of SONET networking.
- Pitfalls to avoid in practical applications.
- Emerging technology directions
- How to design ATM systems
- How to calculate achievable data rates
- What do systems cost
Understanding ATM Technology Training – Course Content
Modern Data Services
Broadband Integrated Services Digital Network (BISDN)
ATM Adaptation Layer
ATM Switching Technology
Call and Connection Control
ATM Network Management
Virtual LAN, Emulated LAN (ELAN), Classical IP over ATM and Multiprotocol over ATM (MPOA)
Introduction to Synchronous Optical NETwork (SONET)
ATM Applications and Case Studies
Emerging Developments and Future Trends