Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals v1.0 Training (SECFND)
|Commitment||5 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals v1.0 Training (SECFND) Course – Hands-on
Today’s organizations are challenged with rapidly detecting cybersecurity breaches and effectively responding to security incidents. Teams of people in Security Operations Centers (SOC’s) keep a vigilant eye on security systems, protecting their organizations by detecting and responding to cybersecurity threats. CCNA Cyber Ops prepares candidates to begin a career working with associate-level cybersecurity analysts within security operations centers.
Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals v1.0 Training (SECFND) course allows learners to understand cybersecurity’s basic principles and foundational knowledge, as well as obtain the core skills needed to grasp the more advanced associate-level materials in the second required exam, “Implementing Cisco Cybersecurity Operations (SECOPS)”. It focuses on cybersecurity operations principles and technologies, using hands-on examples in realistic scenarios, with real-life security products and equipment.
Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals v1.0 Training (SECFND) Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals v1.0 Training (SECFND) Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
- Security Operations Center – Security Analyst
- Computer/Network Defense Analysts
- Computer Network Defense Infrastructure Support Personnel
- Future Incident Responders and Security Operations Center (SOC) personnel.
- Students beginning a career, entering the cybersecurity field.
- Cisco Channel Partners
Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals v1.0 Training (SECFND) Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
- Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1)
- Working knowledge of the Windows operating system
- Working knowledge of Cisco IOS networking and concepts
Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals v1.0 Training (SECFND) Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Describe, compare and identify various network concepts
- Fundamentals of TCP/IP
- Describe and compare fundamental security concepts
- Describe network applications and the security challenges
- Understand basic cryptography principles.
- Understand endpoint attacks, including interpreting log data to identify events in Windows and Linux
- Develop knowledge in security monitoring, including identifying sources and types of data and events
- Know various attack methods, security weaknesses, evasion methods, and remote versus local exploits
Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals v1.0 Training (SECFND) – Course Content
Module 1: TCP/IP and Cryptography Concepts
- Lesson 1: Understanding the TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- Lesson 2: Understanding the Network Infrastructure
- Lesson 3: Understanding Common TCP/IP Attacks
- Lesson 4: Understanding Basic Cryptography Concepts
Module 2: Network Applications and Endpoint Security
- Lesson 1: Describing Information Security Concepts
- Lesson 2: Understanding Network Applications
- Lesson 3: Understanding Common Network Application Attacks
- Lesson 4: Understanding Windows Operating System Basics
- Lesson 5: Understanding Linux Operating System Basics
- Lesson 6: Understanding Common Endpoint Attacks
- Lesson 7: Understanding Network Security Technologies
- Lesson 8: Understanding Endpoint Security Technologies
Module 3: Security Monitoring and Analysis
- Lesson 1: Describing Security Data Collection
- Lesson 2: Describing Security Event Analysis
- Guided Lab 1: Explore the TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- Guided Lab 2: Explore the Network Infrastructure
- Guided Lab 3: Explore TCP/IP Attacks
- Guided Lab 4: Explore Cryptographic Technologies
- Guided Lab 5: Explore Network Applications
- Guided Lab 6: Explore Network Application Attacks
- Guided Lab 7: Explore the Windows Operating System
- Guided Lab 8: Explore the Linux Operating System
- Guided Lab 9: Explore Endpoint Attacks
- Guided Lab 10: Explore Network Security Technologies
- Guided Lab 11: Explore Endpoint Security
- Guided Lab 12: Explore Security Data for Analysis