Voice over WiFi Training (VoWIFI)
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Voice over WiFi Training (VoWIFI) Course – Hands-on
WiFi networks can now deliver mobile voice, SMS, MMS and other media services with better QoS and lower latency. VoWiFi is now a globally interoperable and exciting IP-based voice, SMS, MMS, and video calling solution for WiFi with EPS and IMS interworking, known as VoWiFi, which also enables development of new innovative communication services.
Traditional over-the-top (OTT) communication services solutions, such as Skype and FaceTime, introduced n VoIP, video-calling and messaging services with little or no QoS/QoE measures in place, no handover mechanism to the 3GPP network and no guaranteed emergency support or security and safety. Traditional OTT based services are still in need of mobile-broadband coverage to complement quality, security and flexibility in their communication services.
Our extensive experience with VoWi-Fi has proven that Wi-Fi networks, VoIP services and the wired network infrastructure must be properly engineered for Voice over WiFi services to work. To date, the vast majority of voice over Wi-Fi installations have not been correctly deployed, resulting in project failure.
This Voice over WiFi Training (VoWIFI) Course provides:
- Brief review of Wi-Fi
- VoIP over Wi-Fi
- Strategic and technical implementation issues
- Hands-on practical exercises to reinforce the topics covered.
Our VoIP training courses feature substantial hands-on practical with products from Aastra, Cisco, Microsoft, Snom, and other leading VoIP vendors.
Voice over WiFi Training (VoWIFI) Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Voice over WiFi Training (VoWIFI) around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Voice over WiFi Training (VoWIFI) Course – Audience/Target Group
This course is designed for network engineers responsible for:
- Implementing or
Wi-Fi networks offering Voice over Wi-Fi or IP Telephony services.
Voice over WiFi Training (VoWIFI) – Course Content
- Overview of Voice over IP
- Review of Wi-Fi technologies
- Progress with Convergence
- The current Voice over Wi-Fi market
- VoWiFi application models: Enterprise, Residential, Hot-Spot
- VoWiFi service providers
- VoWiFi handset manufacturers
- Wi-Fi and VoIP equipment manufacturers
Current VoWi-Fi Technology
- VoWi-Fi offerings from:
- Current support for VoWiFi in Wi-Fi systems from:
- Trapeze, Nortel, Enterasys
- Other Wi-Fi vendors
- VoWi-Fi support in mobile phones
Understanding critical Wi-Fi concepts
- Associated data rate
- Acutal data rate
- Signal Strength
- Receiver sensitivity
- Wi-Fi QoS
Understanding critical VoIP concepts
- Media streams
- Voice codecs
- Voice framing
- The role of RTP and RTCP
- Call signalling:
- Cisco Skinny (SCCP)
Voice over WiFi Training (VoWIFI) – Issues with VoWi-Fi
- Sound quality
- Handset features
- Wi-Fi coverage
- Handset battery life
- Power issues and mitigation
- Wi-Fi and VoIP Security
- Using WEP
- Using WPA
- Authentication mechanism
- Authorisation, Accounting (AAA)
- Roaming issues: – Wi-Fi roaming support
- Mobile IP
VoWi-Fi Network Engineering
- Surveying and auditing Wi-Fi networks for VoWi-Fi support
- Traffic assessment and capacity planning
- Wi-Fi network planning and (re)design
- Optimising voice codecs
- Engineering QoS using WMM
- 802.11e extensions
- Using proprietary QoS mechanisms
Assessing VoWi-Fi operation and Performance
- Identifying problems in VoWi-Fi installations
- Performing wireless analysis of:
- VoWi-Fi call signalling
- VoWi-Fi media streams
Voice over WiFi Training (VoWIFI)