VoIP Security Training
VoIP Security Training Course – Hands-on
Security is a concern for every company at every level. The wide adoption of VoIP and new protocol standards has introduced many new issues. For most enterprises, the adoption of VoIP is a migration path – a fact that contributes to increased complexity for the IT security personal and network administrators. VoIP introduces new systems, vendors, applications, servers, operating systems, and the like. The introduction of media gateways to handle traditional telephony converted to VoIP on the data network introduces security management challenges on the network.
If not using media gateways, organizations are adopting VoIP providers that carry traffic on an IP network connection. This VoIP Security Training course will help you understand the issues of VoIP security on all levels of the network. We will follow the OSI model to ensure that all levels are covered. We will begin by learning the technical concepts related to network security. We will then study the protocols such as SIP and H.323 on the IP network. We will conclude with a discussion of the policies and procedures that enhance VoIP security.
- VoIP Security Training Study Guide by Syed A. Ahson, Mohammad Ilyas – Paperback/Barnes & Noble
- VoIP Security Training Study Guide by by IP3 – Paperback/Amazon
- VoIP Security Training Study Guide by Ronald Schlager – Paperback/Kindle – Amazon
- VoIP Security Study Guide by Syed A. Abson – Paperback/Amazon
- VoIP Security Study Guide by Jeffrey Beasley – Paperback/eTextbook/Amazon
VoIP security Training Course – Customize it
- Are you involved with commercial or military deployment planning for VoIP? Depending on your background and job, we can tailor the VoIP security Training course to focus on the technical or managerial issues.
- Are you a network engineer or administrator who would like to “fill in the holes” and catch up with the state-of-the-art of security planning? Let us know so we can focus VoIP security Training on the areas that interest you the most.
- Are you a VoIP network or application installer who would like to learn the security concepts and theory that underlie your craft? We can focus VoIP security Training on the tools and techniques that will help you become more “tech savvy” on VoIP security issues.
- Are you a manager, executive, or sales person whose work involves VoIP security systems? If so, we can emphasize those parts of the VoIP security Training course that deal with policy management, vendor audits, and procedural security issues.
VoIP security Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this VoIP security course:
- Network security planning teams, network administrators, IT and telecom engineers, and IT security management. This VoIP security Training course is also beneficial for the homeland security community and crime prevention/investigation officers.
VoIP Training Course – Class Prerequisites
- VoIP: Protocols, Design, and Implementation Training
- State-of-the-art of VoIP Technology for Professionals, Managers, and Executives Training
Before taking this VoIP Security course, you should have completed either of the two courses listed above or possess equivalent experience.
VoIP security Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this VoIP security training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Understand VoIP
- Learn VoIP security issues
- Identify VoIP security features
- Understand the threats and security holes with VoIP call control protocols H.323, SIP, and MGCP
- Identify SIP Security Features and learn how to configure and administer those features
- Learn H.323 security issues including Port usage risk, firewall inspection, and NAT configurations
- Examine VoIP best practices to support risk mitigation
- Examine VoIP management tools and best practices to support risk mitigation
- Learn how NAT and Firewalls impact call setup, media streams, latency, and application level gateway
- Understand SIP NAT Traversal
- Examine how to overcome NAT issues using STUN, TURN, and ICE
- Examine cryptographic protocols, Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) protocol, Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) protocol and Session Description Protocol Security Descriptions (SDES) protocol
VoIP Security Training – Course Content
- VoIP Security: An Introduction
- Overview of VoIP security challenges
- How VoIP relates to overall data security strategy
- How VoIP relates to traditional telecom security
- Introduction to the OSI model
- Learning VoIP security using the OSI model: An introduction
- VoIP architectural vulnerabilities
- Physical Layer Security
- Cabling and devices
- Data center and server access, etc.
- Data Link Layer Security
- Firewalls and NAT’s
- DoS Attacks
- Transport Layer Security
- Digest authentication
- Session Layer Security
- SIP standard and attacks
- IETF RFC VoIP standards
- Application-level security vulnerabilities
- Vendor-specific issues
- Presentation Layer Security
- Rights and access levels
- Application Layer Security
- Password issues with VoIP and applications
- User authentication
- Remote system access issues
- Network Security Issues and VoIP
- Gateway Security
- Network Policies and Security Management
- Security Best Practices
- Security audit methods
- Vendor management
- Testing systems and devices: Available tools
- VoIP Security Training Course Wrap-up