VSAT Design, Installation and Program Management Training
|Commitment||1 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
VSAT Design, Installation and Program Management Training Course – Hands-on
Designing and deploying a VSAT network offers many challenges. Some of these challenges are technical, some are logistical, and some are simply from the realm of the unexpected. Experience makes the difference! Through examples and exercise, you will learn how to design and deploy a VSAT satellite network. You will learn everything from eliciting and documenting the customer requirements to developing project plans and schedules. You will undertake a real world case study to select vendors based on the criteria provided. You will learn what to look for in site surveys and how to avoid the mistakes that are commonly made. Finally, you will run through a complete installation process to learn what could go wrong. All in all, a day very well spent!
- Satellite Communications: Earth Station Design and Analysis Training
- Satellite Communications: Modern Commercial and Military Satellite Systems Training
- SATCOM Technology and Networks Training
- Satellite Networking Performance and Efficiency Training
- Satellite Communication – An Essential Introduction Training
VSAT Design, Installation and Program Management Training Course – Customize it
- Are you a wireless or satellite engineer who’s familiar with the theory of satellite communications and need to understand the practical issues? Let us know and we will focus on the areas that interest you the most.
- Are you designing or deploying a military satellite network? If so, we can incorporate examples drawn from the real world military networks.
- Are you a manager, executive, or sales person with responsibility for the management of satellite network deployment? If so, we can emphasize the parts of the course that deal with proposal writing and program management.
- Combine this course with SATCOM (2 days), for a 3-day high-impact course covering both the theoretical and practical issues. Please ask about the “combo discount”.
VSAT Design, Installation and Program Management Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
- Technical audience with some prior exposure to satellite communications
VSAT Design, Installation and Program Management Training Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
VSAT Design, Installation and Program Management Training Course – Objectives
Upon completing the course, the participant will be able to:
- Learn the step-by-step process for designing and deploying a real world satellite VSAT network.
- Learn how to :
- elicit and document the customer requirements
- plan and resource a project
- design a satellite system
- select the right vendors
- avoid the mistakes commonly made
VSAT Design, Installation and Program Management Training – Course Content
Managing a Satellite Project
- Customer questionnaire
- Site survey
- Ordering process
- In-factory test
Practical Vendor Selection
- Satellite bandwidth
- Site survey
- Pointing the VSAT
- Steerable antennas
- Look angles
- Satellite time
Course Wrap-up: System View
- Putting it all together
- Where things can go wrong