Wireless Digital Communications Training
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Course – Hands-on
Wireless Digital Communications Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Wireless Digital Communications Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
Wireless Digital Communications Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- How to understand Digital Communications Systems at a high level and to evaluate tradeoffs between different designs?
- How to discuss the advantages of digital systems that are used extensively today including Spread Spectrum?
- How to use easy-to-understand phase diagrams for digital modulation and demodulation techniques of phase-shift keyed and frequency hopped spread spectrum systems?
- How to address gain control, high level probability, jamming reduction method using various adaptive processes, error detection and correction, global positioning • systems (GPS) data link, and satellite communications at a high level?
- What types of radios, both commercial and Military, are being used today and what types of waveforms are being used?
- What types of modulation/demodulation techniques are being used and which types have the best performance?
Wireless Digital Communications Training – Course Content
Wireless Tradeoffs in Digital Communications Using a Link Budget– Understand the tradeoffs in a Wireless Communications system using a simple tool called a Link Budget. This includes signal and noise evaluations.
Digital Communication Advantages – Understand the advantages between digital communications and analog communications. This includes different ways to modulate the carrier frequency such as Phase Shift Keying (BPSK, QPSK, etc), and also spread spectrum and its advantage to prevent inference from others.
Basic Principles of Digital Communications – Learn the principles to separate users from each other by using time, frequency, codes, and others. Learn how cell phones and other wireless communications handle near/far problems, adjacent channel interference, automatic gain control and dynamic range. Understand basic concepts such as Image Frequency, Group Delay (important with Digital Communications), Aliasing, Feedback which is necessary to understand digital communications.
Modulation Techniques used to Improve Communications – Learn about pulse position modulation and how to use it in burst communications. Examine the advantages and disadvantages of Absolute vs Differential. Understand the advantages and disadvantages of Coherent vs Differential that can be applied to all types of digital modulation.
Receiving the Signal and Detecting and Correction Errors – Learn about how to retrieve the data by eliminating the carrier and the spread spectrum code to achieve the desired data. Examine simple concepts to show the probability of errors in the system, and to detect and correct the errors for more reliable communications. Learn to minimize inter-system interference that causes unreliable detection of the data.
Higher Data Rates vs More Robust Signal – Learn about the tradeoffs between high data rate modulations and lower more robust modulations.
Multipath, Antenna Diversity, and Removing Undesired Signals – Examine difference types of Multi-path and how it affects digital communications and radar signals. Show how antenna diversity can improve the signal against multipath. Learn techniques on how to remove unwanted signals from interfering with your signal.
Satellite Communications and GPS – Understand the basic concepts for GPS and how it has become a commodity in the civilian community. Learn how satellites are used in providing digital communications. Also how older satellites are being used for unique applications. In addition, learn what satellites are available and what type of communications they provide.
Commercial and Military Communications – Examine communication techniques including 3G, 4G, Bluetooth, WiFi, WiMax, and LTE. Discover how multiple antennas are being used to increase the data rates and improve the signal quality using MIMO and others. Learn about different types of Networks that tie the communications together. Discuss Military radios including, Legacy Radios, JTRS, and Link 16.